My Petsmart List
1. This is a compact, two story wire cage any dwarf hamster will love. It comes with a food dish, water bottle, wheel, and house, so those items don't need to be worried about. It is $24.99.
2. Bedding is another important item you will need. Remember, no cedar! Carefresh or Kaytee brand are perfect for dwarfs. 1500 cubic inches is a perfect size for several months if you only have one cage. A 1500 cu. in. bag of litter is $3.69.
3. A water bottle is a definite need, but dwarfs only need a small water bottle. As shown in the picture, many sizes are available, but you will only need the smallest one, the 4 oz. It is $1.99.
4. Chew sticks are a must in the world of dwarf hamsters. These chew sticks, shaped like fast food, will last your dwarf a long time. There are other, smaller types of chewsticks for slightly cheaper, also. These chewsticks are $2.99.
5. And, last but not least, food. There are so many varieties of hamster food on the market, it's difficult to choose which is the best. Look for brands like Nutriphase and Vitakraft. This bag of food is 2.75 lb. It costs $4.99.
Not including tax or price of hamster.